March 23, 2010

Post It Notes

My joy today came in the form of a post it note! I pack lunch for my daughter everyday and I always include a little note. It is usually just a post it note that says “I love you” or “have a great day.” It is such a little thing, but I know it goes a long way. It nourishes my daughter’s soul much more than that P.B. and J. nourishes her body. My joy came today when I opened my lunch bag and there were 2 post it notes. In delightful 8 year old penciled words, one note said “I want you to have a good day” and the other said “you are loved” or “yor are loved” depending on how you read her writing. Of course that matters not. I feel loved today and I have had a good day. And what did I have for lunch today? It is 4 o’clock and I have already forgotten, but my soul is holding to those nourishing words.

1 comment:

  1. Actually . . . INGA said . . .I love little Miss's notes to you. :) I like your take on it. I am forever rushing around before getting us off to work and school, and yet I always make time to stick a note in Kieran's lunch. It means so much to him, and as he is only 5, I do not know how much longer he'll appreciate my two-cents worth. :)

    Inga

    ReplyDelete